School Unit : Junior High School
Subject : Mathematics
Strand : Statistics and Probability
Grade/Semester : IX/1
Meeting : I
Time Allocation : 2 x 40 Minutes
A. Standard of Competence
Understand the simple event probability
B. Basic Competence
Determine the sample space of a certain experiment
1. Explain the sample space and sample point of an experiment.
2. Determine the sample space of an experiment by collecting its sample points.
D. Source, Materials, and Media:
1. Student Book
2. Student Worksheet
3. Dice, coin, etc.
E. Teaching and Learning Strategy
Teaching and Learning Model : Cooperative Learning Models
Approach : Realistic Mathematics Approach
Method : Discussion, work in group, and assignments
F. Learning Activities:
I. Introductory Activities
Step I: Explain instructional aims and give motivation
- The teacher opens lesson by greeting and praying.
- The teacher asks one student to lead the praying.
- The teacher checks student attendance.
- The teacher gives motivation by explain the instructional aims and the importance of the lesson and its benefit to students’ life.
- The teacher explains about learning model and approach that will be used in the instructional process.
II. Main Activities
Step II: Deliver information
- The teacher presents declarative knowledge about statistical experiment, sample point, sample space, and event that will be taught by relating it to the real life.
- The teacher asks students to pose questions.
- The teacher responds questions from students.
Step III: Organize students into study group
- The teacher divides the students into several groups with 3 – 4 members.
- The teacher delivers student book and student worksheet to the students.
Step IV: Guide the group to discuss and work
- The teacher guides the student to work in group.
- The teacher provides chance to students to read and understand the topic in student book, then provide chance again to students who not understand to pose a question.
Step V: Student evaluation
- The teacher asks several students from different groups to present the results of their group discussions and the other groups perceive and note attentively.
- The teacher asks other groups who have different answer to give their comment.
- The teacher asks students to make a conclusion from discussion result.
Step VI: Delivers appreciation
The teacher delivers appreciation to students who have presented their work result.
III. Closing activities
- The teacher guides the student to make a summary of the material.
- The teacher asks students to do self-task in their student book as a home work.
- The teacher informs the material that will be learning in the next meeting.
- The teacher closing meeting by greeting.
G. Types of assessments
- Cooperation in group
- Activity in group and the result of student worksheet
- An essay test to measure their knowledge at the end of the chapter
Principal Mathematics Teacher
Drs. H. Alimuddin Ahmad, M.Pd. Bustang
NIP. 130538976 NIM. 061104005